As we all know the market trends have changed a lot recently, there is a change in the marketing trends. So rather than focusing only on the traditional marketing methods, marketers are using digital platforms to increase their sales by making people aware of their business. Now they target a large part of potential buyers available on the internet. However, there is a difference between traditional marketing and digital marketing methods. However, the aim of marketers in adopting these methods is to increase sales and create brand awareness. Before we move further into Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing, let’s understand traditional and digital marketing.
Meaning and Importance
Traditional marketing is an old technique or method of marketing. The business advertises its goods and services in this manner through flyers, billboards, TV, radio, print, and newspaper ads.
There are four phases in traditional marketing:
- Desire, and
The following are the reasons for the Importance of Traditional Marketing:
- Easy Connectivity: In traditional marketing, it is easy to target potential customers by placing advertisements in newspapers and on local TV channels.
- Store Advertisement Copies: Consumers can save copies of the advertisement in newspapers and magazines, and they can also share those copies with friends and relatives if someone needs that particular product.
- Easy to Recognize: Individuals readily understand and identify conventional advertisements because they have been exposed to them for a considerable amount of time.
- Better Reach: Conventional marketing methods have significant customers, and with a single distribution, an advertisement can reach more people in multiple locations.
- No Internet Required: Through traditional marketing, those who live in villages without adequate internet connectivity or access may learn about the company’s offerings.
Modes of Traditional Marketing
- Print marketing: This marketing mode includes newspapers, magazines, journals, pamphlets, and others that promote the products and services.
- Outdoor Marketing: Billboards and hoardings are the two main types of outdoor marketing that play a significant role in influencing consumers.
- One-on-one: It means telephone calling and SMS marketing, which involves promoting products and services to customers through telephone calling and SMS.
- Direct Mail: In this way, companies send advertisement materials like brochures, postcards, catalogs, flyers, newsletters, and sales letters to the consumer through the post.
- Referral: It is the no-investment or minimum investment way of traditional marketing because it depends on the consumers to convey information related to the products or services to their known, whether friends or families.
Meaning and Importance
Digital marketing is a modern way of advertising technique or method. In this, the companies use digital media like Google, Facebook, Instagram, email, and YouTube to advertise or promote their products and services.
There are four phases in digital marketing:
- Content, and
The following are the important points of Digital Marketing:
- Cost-effective: Small businesses or new start-ups with small capital investments can find a better and more budget-friendly mode of digital marketing to promote their products and services.
- Fair Play: Digital marketing provides fair play to all brands, and every business gets equal and similar opportunities, whether it is a multinational corporation or a start-up company, to attract targeted customers.
- More Conversions: The range of traffic being converted into customers is higher in digital marketing as compared to traditional marketing. This is often a point of traditional marketing vs digital marketing.
- More revenue generation: Digital marketing results in more customer engagement and conversion because the better the profits, the better businesses can achieve. With higher revenue generation, businesses expand domestically and sometimes globally. This is also a point about traditional vs. digital marketing.
- Brand Awareness: Digital marketing techniques help companies create brand awareness, reliance, and confidence amongst customers by keeping them updated through new products, activities, offers, and schemes.
- Better ROI (Return on Investment): Compared to other marketing methods, businesses can earn high profits at lower investment through online marketing techniques, which will ultimately help them get a better return on investment.
Modes of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The process of SEO includes optimizing the business website in such a way that it ranks top in search engine results pages (SERPs) like Google, Bing, and other search engines. Because having the top rank will guarantee more organic traffic on the business’s website.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing includes developing, publishing, and promoting content for the targeted audience so that it creates brand awareness, increases website reach through organic traffic, and generates leads.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): The work of social media marketing is to promote the brand’s overall social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and others. SMM also helps in creating brand awareness, drawing traffic, and generating leads.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): It is an advertising mode of digital marketing used to drive traffic to the website. Under PPC advertising, the advertiser pays the publisher only when someone clicks the company’s ad. Search and Display AD forms are frequently seen in the search results pages of Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Email Marketing: In this, emails are sent to the targeted audience about discounts, events, new product launches, and offers from the company’s website.
- Online PR: Online public relations (PR) involves the public relations activities of the business using online platforms like social media, blogs, websites, etc.
How is Digital Marketing different from Traditional Marketing?
There are various critical points of digital marketing vs. traditional marketing. Here are the top six points of difference between traditional and digital marketing. Read the points below to know digital marketing vs traditional marketing.
|It refers to the process of marketing done using traditional channels such as newspapers, television, banners, billboards, pamphlets, etc.
|It refers to marketing carried out online via a variety of digital platforms, including computers, smartphones, and other digital devices.
|Traditional Marketing makes it easier for businesses to target the local audience, such as those in a city or neighborhood.
|With the help of digital marketing methods, you can easily target your potential audience overseas.
|The expenses incurred on traditional marketing methods are higher as they require physical copies of the print media advertisements.
|Using digital marketing methods is less expensive than traditional marketing mediums as the internet is a free platform for everyone. Expenses are incurred only to access the tools and other purchases.
|Here the marketers have to wait for days, weeks, or months to access the results. They cannot get the results in the middle of a campaign.
|While on the other hand, you can get real-time results for digital marketing campaigns. Track the status of your marketing campaigns anywhere, anytime.
|In traditional marketing methods, consumers have no option but to skip advertisements. They have to watch the ads whether they want or not.
|If people would prefer not to watch the advertisement, they can still search for the products or services they want.
|It offers only one-way communication to the audience. The audience does not get the option to interact with the business during the campaigns.
|However, the digital platform makes it possible for two-way communication, which reassures clients that the company values their needs.
These points give an overview of Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing.
Digital Marketing vs traditional marketing: Which one is better?
If we sum up all the points of digital vs traditional marketing mentioned in the article, we can say that both marketing methods are used for different purposes and platforms. However, we can see that digital marketing methods are leaving behind traditional marketing methods. As internet usage is increasing exponentially, digital marketing methods are going only to expand soon. The audience greatly prefers the online platform which gives users the option to purchase whatever suits their needs and preferences. Give your business a head start with the most convenient and affordable marketing efforts.
Learn before it’s too late!
Knowing the key distinctions between these two marketing strategies, you also need to be aware of the industry’s size. Get an opportunity to join the best digital marketing training program in Lucknow to give your career a chance to bloom. Join DigitaLearn courses to learn everything about the digital marketing industry and become a digital expert within just a short period.